Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Christopher Boscole, "Inner Voyages"

Christopher Boscole
Inner Voyages

I recently finished reading all of the Harry Potter books in order, and afterward, I picked up the next book in my pile of things to read, which happened to be a silly chick book my mom sent me. And while there's nothing wrong with it, and it's not poorly written, I'm having a hard time making myself stick with it because I'm so used to the excitement of the well-written books I've been reading.

That's how I feel about Christopher Boscole's Inner Voyages. There's not really anything particularly wrong with the album of piano solos, but there's not really anything right with it, either. It's just kind of there – an ode to mediocrity, and after years of searching for good music, it was hard to make myself listen to the entire album.